Thursday, January 1, 2015

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Welcome to 2015! A new day, a new month, and a new year all in one time!  I have decided it's time to get back to posting my blogs.  When I first began I tried to write every day only to discover that there are not near enough hours in the day to do everything I need to do. So, I have decided to delete most of the old blogs and start afresh!  I will be writing only on Thursdays and many times it will be a "Reader's Digest" version of my message for Sunday or perhaps the previous one.  

I am excited to come back to writing.  It is one of my great passions in life.  Anyway, if I am going to do any serious writing down the road, I need to hone my skills once again as a writer.  So, any of you out there that are writers, or critics, let me know how I am doing.  Feel free to comment, correct...nicely now..., and give free advice.  

So...to start this new year off on the right foot, I am going to post just a few thoughts about last year.  I am sure you will hear more about 2014 in the days to come.  First, read Colossians 1: 9-18.

First, 2014 was a year in transition.  Tamie and I are now settled into our new home and Amos and Lucy have adapted to it as well.  I think it was harder on my mother and my kids then it was on us but Tamie and I both feel that it is God's will for us to be here.  

It was also a year where we lost some good people.  When you lose someone that has been ill or cancer ridden, it is a little easier to say goodbye.  But, when you lose someone who has always been full of life, like Tom Shaw or Chad Grimes, it makes it much harder to lose them.  While I didn't know Chad very well, I did know Tom and I miss him standing behind me singing in my ear.  Now I am the worst singer in our congregation but I know Tom is singing now with a voice as clear as it was meant to be.  You men and all those who went on this year will be missed! 

Second, 2014 was a year of mixed feelings.  We lost a few of our people in our congregation.  To that end, I feel a loss like that when someone passes on.  You all will be missed.  I am sorry we were not able to meet your needs or I am sorry that I have said something that might have offended you.  But this I know.  I will never back down from saying what I believe God wants me to say...even if it causes people to be offended and leave.  To some of you I want to say, "Why can't you ever seem to make up your mind?" or "It's time to put your big boy pants on and learn to accept criticism when God is speaking to you!"   I know that seems harsh but the pastor, and/or the church cannot continue to cater to those who want catering all the time.  Grow up.  If you disagree, great.  If you agree, great.  But don't lower yourself to the sin of gossiping just because you do not agree with me or the stance that the church has to take.  

We also lost some to jail or prison.  I am sorry that you are there but neither myself or the church put you there.  You made bad decisions and now you must pay for them.  We pray for you always.  Some send you cards.  I visit you.  But do not blame us for your faults.  It is another one of those "Time to grow up" moments in life.  You can choose your choices but you cannot choose the consequences of those choices.  You know I say that all the time.  I hope the time you spend in there will give you time that you should have taken to listen to God.  Enough said.  

2014 could have been a better year yet in many ways it was a great year also!  My granddaughter Lily was born this year!  How great is that!?!  I am looking forward to a great 2015!  I am sure that there will be many hurdles and challenges ahead but I am ready for them.  I hope you are as well.  Pray for me as I make this commitment.  I am looking forward to it.  Be careful out there and pray for someone today.  Pray for each other.  It is the biblical way you know and it will give you "Another View from the Crow's Nest"!  

Pastor Chuck  


No comments:

Post a Comment